Saturday, October 23, 2010

TomTom

.
(reads from bottom to top)



Customer Ray Koenig 24/10/2010 04.45 PM
Jade,

It's unfortunate that you are unable to solve the problem. Communicating by phone rarely solves the problem. There's the problem of communicating in general (language). Also, written communication not only provides (written) clarity, but it also provides a "paper trail" that communicating by phone does not.

Earlier in this "communication history" you wrote: "Note: If the incident is not updated within 72 hours, the incident will move to 'Solved' status to reflect that the provided resolution has been successful for you. The incident will automatically get closed."

Needless to say, given your last response, there is no need for me to update this "incident" any longer. Even though it "will be moved to 'solved' status to reflect that the provided resolution has been successful...and will be automatically closed",

Ray



Response ST Jade
24/10/2010 02.32 PM
Dear Ray,

Thank you for updating the incident.

I understand that you are unable to plan a route through the 4 possible access points. Please rest assured that I will do my best to resolve the issue.

It may be best for you to speak with us directly. Speaking with us over the phone will allow us to work through any issues that may arise. Please call us directly at 866-486-6866. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 7:00 AM until 11:00 PM EST and Saturday, 9:00 AM until 8:00 PM EST.

I apologize if you feel that I am passing you off to another team. My goal at this point is to ensure that the issue is taken care for you. Thank you for your understanding.

To update your TomTom question (incident) or to reply to this email:
Please log in to your TomTom account using the following link:
http://www.tomtom.com/myTomTom/login.php
-Now Click on 'Support'
-Select 'My Questions History'
-Click on the title of your question then click on 'Update Question'

Thank you for choosing TomTom for your navigation needs. If you have any further questions or comments, please feel free to email or call us at 866-486-6866 Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. EST Saturday:9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST. Thanks again for writing. At TomTom, we believe in showing you the way, the easy way.

With Best Regards,

Jade
TomTom Customer Support



Customer Ray Koenig
23/10/2010 06.49 PM
Jade,

When I click on "update" in TomTom Home, a window appears that says that a problem has occurred. It also says "Thank you for reporting errors to TomTom automatically. Report incident ID: 28721501." It also says "No items available" in the "updates" window.

the "items on device" tab shows:
applications: "TomTom application for One...., no description available, Version 8.010. 12.1 MB"
maps: "USA and Canada, Version 710.1575, 862 MB"

Ray



Customer Ray Koenig
23/10/2010 05.02 PM
Jade,
I update my TomTom regularly. I updated it within the past 24 hours. It still does not work correctly.

Let's re-cap: I've had my TomTom for several years. I've lived at 58 Redtail Drive, Bluffton, SC 29909, for 6+ years. While the streets in my development show up on my screen, TomTom takes roads that do not exist going from my home EVERY time that I use it. It has me going west from my home (there are no exits to the west from my gated development), on roads that do not exist (Striker Road, unnamed road), and then it has me coming back east to the intersection of US 278 (Fording Island Road) and Sun City Blvd. to where the maingate to my development is located. Basically, it has me going around in circles. 9+ miles to go 3 miles (through my development). 30+ minutes for what takes 10 minutes through my development.

What do I tell my friends when they say: "Your TomTom can't even direct you out of your development! It's 3 miles; it takes 10 minutes. But, your TomTom says that it's 9+ miles and takes 30+ minutes. As a result, your TomTom adds approximately 6 miles and 30 minutes to EVERY trip! What good is that?"

I trust that you will do your best to resolve this issue, knowledgeably, correctly, and without further ado.
Ray



Response ST Jade
23/10/2010 02.57 PM
Dear Ray,

Thank you for updating the incident.

I understand that you are unable to plan a route through the 4 possible access points. Please rest assured that I will do my best to resolve the issue.

Please rest assured that I will do my best to resolve this issue.

I would like to inform you that such issue might happen if the map on the device is not updated. It is estimated that 10-15% of the road network changes every year. There is also inevitably some human error/subjectivity in the creation of a digital map. All of which means that maps must be constantly maintained to keep the level of map errors as low as possible. Tele Atlas has extensive survey teams constantly surveying new roads, changed roads, POI positioning and accuracy, map errors, etc. Each change and fix is then checked before being built into the next map release.

Please make sure you have the latest map version installed on the device. The latest map version is 8.55, which was released on August 31st, 2010. In order to determine which map version you have, please feel free to follow the instructions found on our website at:

http://us.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6166

If the map installed on the device is not of the version 8.55, then update the map by using the steps given on this link: http://us.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10541

If you already have the new 8.55 map, we ask you to uninstall and reinstall TomTom application from your device. Here is the link that has the steps to do it:

http://us.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9091

Later we also request you perform a soft reset on the device. Please perform the steps mentioned in the following link: http://us.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7134

It was a pleasure assisting you. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. The above information will help us to resolve the issue. In case the issue persists, please reply and let us know the status of the issue. We want you to know that, we will be there for you and we do value you as a customer.

To update your TomTom question (incident) or to reply to this email:
Please log in to your TomTom account using the following link:
http://www.tomtom.com/myTomTom/login.php
-Now Click on 'Support'
-Select 'My Questions History'
-Click on the title of your question then click on 'Update Question'

Note: If the incident is not updated within 72 hours, the incident will move to 'Solved' status to reflect that the provided resolution has been successful for you. The incident will automatically get closed.

Thank you for choosing TomTom for your navigation needs. If you have any further questions or comments, please feel free to email or call us at 866-486-6866 Monday through Friday, 7:00 AM until 11:00 PM EST or Saturday, 9:00 AM until 8:00 PM EST. Thanks again for writing. At TomTom, we believe in showing you the way, the easy way.

With Best Regards,

Jade
TomTom Customer Support



Customer Ray Koenig
22/10/2010 10.43 PM
Jade,

I reset it. It still doesn't work correctly.

To go from my address (58 Redtail Drive, Bluffton, SC) to the main gate of our development (Sun City Blvd. & US 278, Fording Island Rd.):

Redtail Drive is a cul-de-sac in one direction.
Take the other direction to left at the intersection with Thomas Heyward Drive.
left at the intersection with Sun City Blvd.
The main gate is at the intersection of Sun City Blvd. & US 278 (Fording Island Rd.)
It's about 3 miles and 10 minutes.

Using the fastest route, my TomTom goes west (there are no gates to the west). It says:
Striker Rd.
Unnamed road
Unnamed road
Unnamed road
US 278 SC 141 John Smith Rd.
US 278 SC 141 John Smith Rd.
US 278 Sun City Blvd. - Fording Island Rd.
9.4 miles; 36 minutes.

All of my trips are at least 7 miles and 30 minutes longer than they should be.
Ray



Response ST Jade
22/10/2010 09.09 PM
Dear Ray,

Thank you for taking the time to contact TomTom Customer Support. My name is Jade and we are always happy to help.

I understand that you are unable to plan a route through the 4 possible access points. Please rest assured that I will do my best to resolve the issue.

Ray, we request you perform a soft reset on the device.

Please perform the steps mentioned in the following link: http://us.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7134

Once you have done this then please plan a route and select the fastest route so as to get the fastest route to reach the destination.

We hope you find this information useful. Your satisfaction with the TomTom product is our prime concern.

To update your TomTom question (incident) or to reply to this email:
Please log in to your TomTom account using the following link:
http://www.tomtom.com/myTomTom/login.php
-Now Click on 'Support'
-Select 'My Questions History'
-Click on the title of your question then click on 'Update Question'

Note: If the incident is not updated within 72 hours, the incident will move to 'Solved' status to reflect that the provided resolution has been successful for you. The incident will automatically get closed.

Thank you for choosing TomTom for your navigation needs. If you have any further questions or comments, please feel free to email or call us at 866-486-6866 Monday through Friday, 7:00 AM until 11:00 PM EST or Saturday, 9:00 AM until 8:00 PM EST. Thanks again for writing. At TomTom, we believe in showing you the way, the easy way.

With Best Regards,

Jade
TomTom Customer Support



Auto-Response
22/10/2010 01.47 PM
Title: Map zones
Link: http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12185

Title: Compass options
Link: http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3554

Title: What's new in your latest application for navigation devices?
Link: http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6141

Title: Why do I sometimes find map errors?
Link: http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32

Title: Missing zones
Link: http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12352



Customer Ray Koenig
22/10/2010 01.47 PM
I live at 58 Redtail Drive, Bluffton, SC, 29909 (aka Okatie). I live in a gated community that has 2 access points to US 278 (Fording Island Road) and 2 to SC 170. My TomTom does not route me through these existing 4 access points, but rather takes me west by unnamed roads to Pritchardville, even for destinations to the east, north or south. This adds 30 minutes or more to all travel times. How do I fix this?


.

.


.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment